“The feminine genius is needed wherever we make important decisions.”
– Pope Francis
Why an All-Girls School?
St. Joseph High School inspires young women to chart their own path, create their own future and excel in both leadership and scholarship.
A recent study by the National Coalition of Girls Schools, “Steeped in Learning: The Student Experience at All-Girls Schools” analyzes the responses to the High School Survey of Student Engagement, which was taken by nearly 13,000 girls attending all-girls schools, co-ed independent schools and co-ed public schools. The girls’ responses provide overwhelming support for the value of an all-girls educational environment.
The most significant findings in the report state that students attending all-girls schools:
- Have higher aspirations and greater motivation.
- Feel challenged to achieve more.
- Engage more actively in the learning process.
- Feel more comfortable being themselves and expressing their ideas.
- Show greater gains on core academic and life skills.
- Feel more supported in their endeavors.
Please contact Elizabeth Peralta, Director of Admissions at eperalta@SJHSbridge.org or call 718-624-3618, ext. 21 to schedule a visit to St. Joseph High School and see why an all-girls school is a wonderful place for young women to learn and grow.